Friday, June 29, 2018

Minecraft Edu

Developing partnerships with other educators is important so we can share our skills and knowledge and also give each other feedback on our teaching programmes.

I have developed a professional relationship with our area Microsoft Education facilitator @craigrenderPE and together we organised and facilitated a Minecraft Edu workshop at my school. My aim was to spread the use of Minecraft in my community because it is such a useful tool for students to use and learn with.





Minecraft workshop at my school.
Microsoft EDU facilitator Craig Render explaining the logon process. 

Update:

Something I learned at this workshop was how to use Code connection to enable functions to be programmed within Minecraft. For example if a block was to be placed fifty or one hundred times then I could use some code in Code connection to make this happen without having to manually place every one. I know this will be a fun and engaging lesson for some of my more curious learners when the need arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment