Thursday, January 10, 2019

Coaching Sports Teams





This year I have taken on coaching two sports teams at school. Mostly because my own child is in the teams but also because I have the knowledge and skills to help the students enjoy and improve.

This has been a really positive experience for me as I have met more students and their whanau, therefore improving the home-school partnerships. In particular the relationships I have developed with students in my class have flowed on positively into the classroom where we have some common ground to build our relationships. Occasionally we can link learning to the sports field which is nice.

The values that we follow at school transfer nicely across to the sports field so see it a a real opportunity to continue helping the students grow into positive and healthy contributors to our community. Hopefully the students will enjoy the sports enough to continue after leaving Primary school.






No comments:

Post a Comment