As part of my commitment to enabling students to take control of their learning I decided to facilitate a piece of writing where the students were able to identify the components they were using to show case their development so far this year. I spotted this idea through a Facebook group I am a member of.
By using the Literacy learning progressions as a guide the students and I compiled a list of what they could be using in their writing. This covered both surface and deep features, punctuation, spelling, word choices and sentence types.
Through linking this to the student's learning goals we could keep these relevant and at the forefront of the learning. By adding in some discussions about making sure the goals was clearly shown I could motivate the students to show off their learning and for some , motivate to use the skills and strategies they had been developing.



No comments:
Post a Comment