Sunday, May 19, 2019

Helping teachers grow

Having had many people help me grow in my teaching career I have a duty to help others develop their practise. With this in mind I have hosted two trainee teachers in the past year.

I like the opportunity to help them grow and refine their skills ins . supportive and friendly environment. I also like how it encourages me to reflect on my teaching as I need to be able to describe and justify my choices in the classroom. The learning is often reciprocal as I get to see teachers (often younger) who have different ideas and the courage to try new strategies.


Trainee teacher in action



I have recently hosted a colleague who is a beginning teacher as she wanted to see a writing lesson in my class. After some timetable juggling we made it happen and she was able to see a writing lesson, speak to the students and inquire into my pedagogy. Again, thais was great for me as I needed to justify my choices and actions.

As it turned out I was interested in a tool she has started using for presenting students learning and have arranged to visit her class to see it being used.


No comments:

Post a Comment