Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Exploring the Digital Technologies Curriculum

As part of my role as a Lead IT teacher at my school I facilitated a workshop for staff to explore the new Digital Technologies curriculum.

My brief was to unpack the learning progressions, explore the ways we can integrate these into our teaching and learning and to find resources that we might use to help students learn.

I used my TechBytes platform to link all the resources I wanted staff to use, this way there would be an ongoing record of the workshop that we can refer back to.





Follow up: We are moving many of our future focused resources to the library so they are easily accessible for both students and teachers. This will mean that they are more likely to be used and it also means that I will have less interruptions in my class when students are sent over to borrow items. 

Going further


I attended a session to unpack the Digital Technologies curriculum.  Below is the presentation and links from the workshop.





Designing and developing digital outcomes

I like this really simple design process.

Sorting machine.

Other sorting your could do - Maths, eg. fractions, numbers, shapes Science, eg.g life cycles Literacy, eg. alphabetical order, events from a story.

Beebot ideas - spelling words, directional language.




Passing on information - use a group of 5 people, 4 have two lollies and on 1. The goal is to have each person holding the any coloured lolly and still the on left over. Easy way  - pass the lollies across, harder way, only pass onto the next person with a free hand.
This is a good way to warm up and to develop discussions about algorithm.










No comments:

Post a Comment