Thew use of lego throughout the curriculum was modelled and discussed at our first teacher only day today. The ability to use such a small amount of equipment to engage and challenge students is something I am going to have a go at during term 1. I particularly liked the collaborative activities where students need to work together and by asking questions they work it out.
I have loaded the Six Bricks app into our school app store so teachers and studnets can access the activities and challenges on our Ipads.
Here is a link to the
Six Bricks website for more information.
Day 1 - We will be using the bricks to break the ice and to have fun.
Reflection 10 March 2020
We have used the bricks a number of times and each time the studnets have been creative in helping shape the lessons. The last tiem we used the bricks to stimulate instructional writing, the students wrote very details instructions and we were able to focus on the imperative verbs in an instruction. We also linked to computational thinking by exploring the algorithms being used.
No comments:
Post a Comment