Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Steam Kit learning through the use of electronics kits

Through the use of the Ministry of Inspiration Steam kits I have ben teaching students to design circuits using the knowledge of how circuits work. Firstly we made our own Breadboards, then we used the supplied ones and just recently we have connected up to the MBlock app on our laptops to programme. 


Students started by following the lessons that came with the kits and most recently some have been designing their own circuits. There has been a lot of debugging and redesigning to get the circuits doing what is wanted. 

By swapping learner groups with my teaching partner I have been able to teach through the use of the kits for a number of lessons, refining and improving along the way. I have found that I needed to order a number of spare parts, especially the LED's, resistors and battery packs. 

What's next, continue allowing the students to explore designing their own circuits and offer contexts where they can also use the programming app more. It is exciting to see where the student interest takes them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment